The BVI 3000 calculates bladder volume using patented VMODE® technology. VMODE® ultrasound is easy to use and comfortable for the patient. When you press the scan button, within seconds, the VMODE® technology measures ultrasonic reflections on multiple planes inside the body and produces a 3-dimensional image. Based on this image, the BladderScan® calculates and displays the bladder volume. Volume measurements made with VMODE® ultrasound are more accurate than those from conventional 2-dimensional ultrasound, as they are based on a more complex, 3-D image of the bladder.
Verathon BVI 3000 Bladder Scanner Features and Benefits
- Prevents unnecessary catheterisation
- Helps prevent undiagnosed urinary retention
- Reduces rates of urinary tract infection
- Helps caregivers manage and treat incontinence
- Eliminates unnecessary trauma to patients, preserves their dignity and helps improve patient care
- Cost effective – saves staff time and improves job satisfaction
- The LCD screen displays bladder position and volume.
- A unique aiming icon guides the operator to optimal probe placement.
- Comprehensive 3-dimensional display shows the bladder in two cross-sectional images to verify that a complete scan has been achieved.
- It’s easy to print the results of any scan for patient records or reimbursement procedures.
- The BladderScan documents cost savings and number of catheterisations prevented based on your institution’s statistical input.