The CADD Prizm 6101 VIP Ambulatory Infusion Pump is a compact, multi-therapy infusion pump that has 4 delivery modes: PCA, Continuous, TPN, and Intermittent. The pump is very lightweight and flexible – it can be powered by a 9 volt battery, CADD External Power Source, or an AC Adapter.
The CADD Prizm 6101 VIP Ambulatory Infusion Pump is a multiple therapy device. The pump features an integral data port which can be used as an interface cable for a printer, a remote bolus / dose cord input, or as a modem cable for communications. The model 6101 VIP includes both an upstream and downstream occlusion detector (detects occlusions between the medication bag and the pump, instead of only the distal occlusion detection) and allows for the programming of the pump over phone lines using a modem.
The Biomed Toolbox software allows the clinician to customize programming features, including a message which reminds the user that preventive maintenance is due on the pump. There are 3 lock levels to limit patient access, securing the pump for use in the home.
Simple to Use
• Flexible programming parameters to accommodate your acute pain protocols and patient management decisions
• Medication delivery reports can be configured to meet your documentation needs
• CADD key or security code quickly unlock program
• Maximum programming and delivery limits help protect against programming errors
• Autolock automatically locks the program when infusion starts for increased safety
• Large display screen clearly shows programming limit ranges, confirmation prompts and warnings
• Electronic pump programming from a library of customized protocols to ensure accuracy and save time
• Use of pump across multiple patient areas, Ambulatory Infusion Pump or Pole-Mounted Infusion Pump, Post-operative or labor and delivery patients, Epidural or IV infusion delivery
• Confirmation of critical programming changes
• Easy lock/unlock program security process
• Titration/programming change limits
• Dedicated keys and intuitive programming
• Upstream occlusion detection
• Set-based free-flow protection
• Color-coded pumps, tubing, medication cassette reservoirs and lockboxes differentiate epidural and IV PCA delivery
• Narcotic security provided by Medication Cassette Reservoirs or lockboxes